Action Plan #5
Assisting vulnerable children with their goals to improve the education and opportunities from ages 4 to 18.
Tailoring Program entails:
- Acquiring sewing skills with a certified tailoring teacher. Students can take the national examinations after the course is completed if they choose if they can acquire the college funds themselves through the proceeds from their own sales.
- Women empowerment.
- Enriched lifestyle.
- Financial and social independence AND a lifetime of sustainability.
- If students pass the test at the end of the program, they will receive half of the cost of their sewing machine if they pay with the other half themselves out of their own profit in sewing sales. That way we can offer a machine to another widow, orphan, or marginalized person with those proceeds.
- Training is provided in starting up a tailoring business and in customer relations.
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
Reversing poverty/ zero hunger/ good health and wellbeing/ quality education/ gender equality/ decent work and economic growth/ sustainable communities/ capacity building/ Embracing a global partnership with YOU for world-wide sustainable development.
- The specific UN Global Goals mentioned above that we include in our action project are: