Action Plan #11
Upskilling, proving wages and education to oppressed women.
- By empowering women, we aim to empower the village
- Supporting women through education.
- Breaking the poverty cycle through giving women skills to support their families and themselves.
- By building confidence and self reliance through job creation and up-skilling. When a woman makes money, she is not forced to get married and can pay her children’s school fees, feed her children and look after their welfare and other essential needs.
- Local women desire help in areas such as spearheading a poultry project, net fishing, papyrus weaving, kitchen gardens, horticultures and cake making. We have the infrastructure and manpower to do this, we just need the funding to move the projects forward.
- The specific UN Global Goals mentioned above that we include in our action project are: